Friday, June 29, 2012

No Mas Busito Por Favor!

Today I rode for 12 hours in what people call the "busito" aka baby bus. Our destination was Copan and it seemed like we would never get there... Let me tell ya now, there was no wiggle room and we only stopped for gas and food. With limited space, it was a long ride so we had to find ways to intertain ourselves. We talked about engagements, future plans, places to go in the states, past family vacations, and much more. We also played catch-a-phrase until people started to snooze. It was a great time to catch up on homework and blogging (hence the extra blog posts) and I will probably have a hard time sleeping because I feel liked I napped all day long!
We finally made it to Copan, settled into our awesome hotel, and went out on the town for dinner. It's funny being in a touristy town because almost 1/2 the people speak English. IT's almost culture shock all over again because now we have to be careful what we say in English and Spanish. Not much has happened tonight but I better get some ZZZZ so that I can enjoy exploring the ruins tomorrow.

Night Y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment