Thursday, June 7, 2012

Survey Smervey


Today I worked on the surveys for Las Pitas. This involves Justo driving us to Choluteca and then Javier, a preacher in Las Pitas, driving us up the bumpiest road in my opinion. The 4-wheel drive even has some trouble in spots where there are more rocks than dirt on the road. After a good battering, Claire and I were off to survey people. The questions were mostly written out in Spanish except for one section, so you would think that everything should go easy-peasy… Well for some reason, I kept getting numbers and letters confused. I also struggled on the one question that was not written in English. It got to where the the Hondurans were listening to me ask and then would look straight at Yelson (the preacher helping us out) for a translation of my poor Spanish. It was crazy hard and I wanted to quit so many times, but Claire kept encouraging me and Yelson never gave up on me so I kept going. We ended up completing 6 surveys by the time Yelson took us back so that Javier could drive us back down. We ended our excursion with a trip to Windy’s and got us a frosty, a great way to end a hard day for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment