Wednesday, August 28, 2013

U is for Ukraine

Hello everyone,
I am currently about to board a series of planes that will take me all the way to Kiev, Ukraine!!!! 
My goals: 
~Learn enough Russian for basic communication 
~Make new friends and become better friends with the girls I already know there
~Serve the children and workers that are involved in Jeremiah's Hope 
~be a great homeschool teacher for Abby (and possibly Sophie)
~step out of my comfort zone and try new things (foods, language, transportation, etc.) 

My prayer is that I can be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ here. I want to be an encourager, not a Debby Downer. I also pray for health and a strong stomach (for those that don't know, it doesn't take much for me to gag/shut down around bad smells and sights). I pray that God goes before me and that I continue to lean on him for help/direction/guidance. 

This blog will have updates on what I am doing and prayer requests. Thanks for reading and God Bless!!!!
Here is all of my stuff!!!! Can you believe that my checked bags were only 50lbs each :) No extra fees for this girl <<<< God is good all the time!!! Shout out to my parents for helping me and supporting me through this decision. Love y'all to pieces <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment