Friday, September 27, 2013

Birthday Bash

Today was my 23 birthday! School time was a little bit rough at times and I made Abbie sit in timeout for the first time, but things smoothed out when Sophie joined us. That night I was invited to the Kellys for dinner and desert. Yummy mexican food, laughter, and a little performance from Abbie and Sophie definitely made the night. Jenny asked me what my favorite birthday was and I instantly stated my 18th but honestly I've had some really good ones..
 5th or 6th(?)-- Pocahontas birthday themed was my first sleepover birthday which became a tradition after that. We made our own dresses like the one she wore in the disney movie!
8th-- wore awesome dress up dresses and modeled them the rest of the night
11th-- had a pool party and then slept in the club house on the property! We did cheerleader stunts, played truth or dare for the first time, and watched A Walk To Remember for the first time.
15th-- We actually had a volleyball tournament so everyone came early, ate breakfast and cake together. I mostly remember how excited to get my first cell phone (big step even if I couldn't text lol)!!!
16th-- Lunch with mom&dad and got my driver's license
17th-- Played games inside Hillcrest with all of my friends and then went rolling (with toilet paper borrowed from the chruch....). I remember we played sardines after dark with all the lights off. Talk about wild, heart racing times!
18th-- I had a broken right arm that was taking it's sweet time to heal and I was becoming more depressed every day. I was dreading my birthday to say the least and it seemed like everyone forgot about my birthday anyway (including my family). That day one of my best friends asked if I wanted to go to the mall. So we walked around and decided I needed to cut my hair since I could not fix it with a broken arm (middle of back length hair chopped off to jaw short!). Around this time I decided that I wanted to celebrate my birthday after all and tried to convince my mom to throw a party together. Little did I know that my mom had all of my friends gathered at Hillcrest waiting to surprise me. It was my first surprise birthday party and I loved every minute of it.

Birthdays in college were fun and filled with lots of laughter. They were more spur of the moment but still I was surrounded by love from friends and family, even in Uruguay for my 20th!!!

Sorry for the long post but it is fun to remember good moments, such as wonderful birthdays. Out of all the birthday memorys, one thing I remember the most is that my mom made me invite every girl in my class to every birthday. I remember not being invited to some of their birthday parties, hurting from their exclusiveness (especially in middle school), and not understanding why I had to invite them. She taught me to always be inclusive; the more, the merrier. Looking back, I am so thankful for my mom's wisdom.





No comments:

Post a Comment